Friday, May 13, 2011

The Lone Mulberry

Imagine my excitement earlier this week when I found this lone mulberry on my back porch...

Well maybe you don't understand my excitement so let me explain.  My grandparents have mulberry trees on their farm in Kansas and during the summer we would go visit them for wheat harvest.  It's one of my favorite childhood memories.  We would pick mulberries all week then when we had enough, we would make mulberry pies.  They were so good!

Do you know how awesome it would be if I HAD A MULBERRY TREE?!?!?!?  WOW, I just can't explain, it would be awesome and I could bake mulberry pies all summer.  If there was just one out there... :)

So how did this mulberry get into my back porch? Where did it come from? And are there more? Is it even time to have mulberries yet? Lilly and I set out on a mission to find out! I walked all around our yard inspecting the trees around our fence.  I don't really remember what a mulberry tree looks like and I didn't find any mulberries, but I am really hopeful that there is one out there! I will keep looking and keep you posted on if I find one!

For now, it's just the lone mulberry.

Note: This picture is not what I found in my back yard but I think I have a tree with leaves that look a bit like this one... we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment