Friday, May 6, 2011

Vegetable & Herb Garden


Since we moved into our house almost 3 years ago, it has always been my dream to have a beautiful vegetable garden.  It would be a small area in the back yard and I would plant tomatoes, squash, zucchini, peppers, herbs and anything else.  Then I could go out and pick wonderful fresh vegetables whenever I wanted... Sadly, I started physical therapy school and we brought Lilly home.  The two main reasons that it has never happened.  The past couple years I've planted a few herbs in pots though and this year I decided to expand my container vegetable garden.  I am quite excited about it and not absolutely sure if any vegetables will grow but I am very hopeful!

So today, instead of studying for a final, I decided to plant some vegetables and herbs :)




 Zucchini
 Dill
Cherry Tomatoes
 Eggplant
 Jalapenos
 
Bell Peppers
 Basil
 Mint... not sure what to use this for but it smells so good.  Let me know if you have any ideas.
 Lemon Basil
 Here they are :) hope they do well this summer!


2 comments:

  1. I have a very amazing idea for your mint...Virgin MOJITOS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I loved those we had when we came to visit in Florida, but I have never been able to find the mix stuff here in Tulsa. Do you have a recipe too or do you just use the mixes? Those would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete