Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Whole Wheat Bread



A few months ago, I decided to start making homemade bread instead of buying bread at the store.  I like knowing what I eat, it saves money, and it makes the house smell so good!  I have been working for months now to find the perfect whole wheat homemade bread recipe that is light and great for sandwiches.  This is the best I've made so far so hope you enjoy it too!


Whole Wheat Bread

1 c. warm water
2 T. sugar
1/4 c. oil
1 t. salt
3 c. flour (I use half wheat and half white flour)
2 t. yeast

Add the ingredients into a bread machine in the order listed.  Set for "dough" cycle.   When the dough is finished rising, punch down and form into a loaf.  Place in bread pan and allow the bread to rise until doubled in size, about an hour.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. So excited you started the blog. I am going to be an avid follower. I can't wait to make this bread recipe. I love how you make super hard things, seem so simple. You have a real talent. So glad you are my sis:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. by t. do you mean teaspoon tsp? or tablespoon tbsp?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not an expert by any means, but I think when it comes to recipes, a lower case "t" means teaspoon while a capital "T" means tablespoon. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete