Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Applesauce

I love apples and seem to buy them every time I'm at the grocery store.  About this time of year I seem to have many apples in my refrigerator that have been there well... for awhile.  So a few weeks ago, I decided to clean out the fruit drawer and make some homemade applesauce.  It was super easy, so easy I'm not really sure if I can call it a recipe, but delicious anyway!  Hope you'll make some next time you have some extra apples!

Start with 10-12 apples, I used fuji, gala, golden delicious, and granny smith

 Peel the apples

Core and cut into even pieces

Put in a crockpot on low with 1/2 cup water

Sprinkle with cinnamon

Cover and set on low for 5-6 hours.  
When the apples become tender, use a potato masher to make applesauce. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment