Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin Bread


Today is our first really fall-like day.  We had a freeze last night and it was pretty cool this morning when I left for work.  I'm in the second week of my clinical in an outpatient orthopedic clinic... not my strong suite but I am learning a lot and it's going better than I expected.  Last week I decided to make some pumpkin bread.  I combined a few recipes together and was quite pleased with the results.  This bread is very moist and has a nice sweetness with the streusel topping and chocolate chips, but not too sweet. 

Pumpkin Bread

1 3/4 cup flour (I used wheat and all-purpose)
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/3 cup cold water
1/2 cup oil
1 cup chocolate chips (I used mini choc chips)

Streusel Topping

1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 stick butter
1 handful of pecans (very technical... I know)

 Combine all dry ingredients

 Add wet ingredients to the dry then mix together until just combined, don't overmix.

 Pour into a 5x8 greased pan (or 2 smaller pans and give one to a friend)

For streusel topping, soften butter.
 Add flour, sugar, and cinnamon.  Use a fork to mix together until you have a crumbly topping.

 Chop a handful of pecans. 

 Add them in too, 

 Pour topping over bread

Bake 375 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until knife comes out clean.

Hope you enjoy this recipe, I have more pumpkin things and soups to come! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment