Monday, July 11, 2011

Pesto Roasted Vegetables



I wrote this post a couple weeks ago but wasn't able to post the pictures so I finally came back around to it.  Enjoy it a little postponed! And I also apologize for the lack of posts, I've been in a baking slump lately, but more to come this week!

So, this week has been really great!  I had a short break from school this week and planned to get a lot accomplished.  I made lists and organized the lists and had every intention of completing each item.  Then, I decided to forget all about being productive and went to summer camp.  I really needed some time away and it was the perfect thing.  Stephen was the camp pastor this week at teen camp and I had a blast being with him.  We went swimming, made some pottery, did some painting, went to the lake, spent a little time in the kitchen and I was so excited to hear Stephen preach!  He has such a gift and it's great to see God use him!

Since I dropped everything and left so quick, I came home to an oddly stocked refrigerator.  Some things had gone bad and others needed used up so I decided to make this for dinner.  Roasting vegetables has become my favorite way to prepare veggies and adding the pesto was great too!  So here's how I did it, you can change it around to pick the veggies you like.

Pesto Roasted Vegetables

1 head cauliflower
1 head broccoli
3 small sweet potatoes
(could also add some green beans but mine had gone bad...)

pesto (see my previous post for this recipe)  Also, if you don't have enough basil for the pesto recipe, you can use some spinach, that's what I did today and it worked really well!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and chop the vegetables into bite size pieces.
Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on the size you chop the veggies, you want them to be tender.
Toss with the pesto and enjoy! Such a simple and great side dish!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I've figured out after a little reading you are not vegan, so that answers that question ;) I've never had cauliflower before..I know I'm crazy! I'm scared to try it..I hope its tasty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Glad to know you enjoy my blog! Cauliflower is really great especially roasted! I am trying to eat more whole food - plant based so my diet is becoming more vegan. Hope you enjoy the other recipes, I will try to post more often!

    ReplyDelete