Monday, March 5, 2012

Brussel Sprouts (a new look)

A few months ago, I tried brussel sprouts and developed a new opinion of them.  They were always on the list of few foods that I hated, along with green olives (yuck)! I'm not sure that I actually ever tried them until a month ago but they were a food my mom didn't like or make for us and therefore I decided I didn't like them. 

The big difference I found though is how you prepare them! If you steam brussel sprouts they get slimy and taste horrible.  However, if you roast them they become crispy little cabbages and delicious! So, give them another try and let me know what you think!

 Cut in half and spread evenly onto a baking pan

 Evenly coat with olive oil, salt, pepper 
(or any other seasonings you'd like, I like them simple)

Roast in the oven at 400 degrees until they become crispy and lightly browned.  
About 15 minutes.  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment