Friday, December 30, 2011

Quick Spanish Rice

This rice is a great side dish to your favorite Mexican meal! It's super quick to make and I usually have everything on hand too.  A little rice ends up making a lot too, I'm always surprised.  Growing up my mom always made a rice similar to this in the crockpot.  It took about 4-5 hours to make but I have found this one to be very similar and takes just 20 minutes.  This recipe is from my cousin Rachelle, she always has a healthy recipe to share.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Spanish Rice

1/2 cup basmati rice (white or brown)
2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
water
1 can Rotel
1/2 cup corn
1/2 green bell pepper
1 jalepeno pepper
2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
1 teaspoon cumin
1 bunch cilantro
1/2 lime (juice)
salt & pepper to taste

 Saute the uncooked rice in olive oil until it gets toasty and light brown.  

 Add water to the rice until the water is about 1 inch above the rice.

 Add 1 can of Rotel (don't drain),

 chopped green pepper and jalepeno,

 corn,

 and seasonings (taco seasoning, cumin, and any other spices you like)

 Cook the rice and veggies for about 15-20 minutes until rice is cooked and water is absorbed.  If the rice isn't soft yet, add a little more water and continue cooking until water is absorbed.

 Add cilantro and lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I know you know that I LOVE your blog and follow it religiously. I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award. I think you have been nominated before, but for more information, just go to my blog. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete